TAIS offers a year-round series of workshops, courses and demos to expand your animation skills. Taught in-person at our fully equipped production centre, you’ll learn first-hand from an experienced artist. From hand-drawn and stop-motion animation, to sound, emerging technologies and more, there’s something to learn for everyone.
Note: Non-Members will be prompted to create an account the first time they sign up for a workshop/course. Account creation is free & necessary in order to register.
All TAIS Members already have an account associated with their email. If you don’t know your password, click “Forgot Password” to create a new one.
TAIS is offering up to 2 subsidized registrations per workshop/course. Subsidy recipients will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, where the request meets basic requirements.
Eligibility: Any independent artist, arts worker, student, underemployed or unemployed person that would otherwise not be able to afford to register for a TAIS course at a full or member rate.
Please note TAIS is maintaining indoor masking and vaccination policies until further notice. Participants will be expected to show proof of vaccination and wear a mask inside the studios.
IN-PERSON WORKSHOP COVID PROTOCOLS:
- Everyone must wear a mask or face-covering inside the space
- Everyone most provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (2 doses plus 14 days) – or proof of valid medical exemption, and government issued ID
- If you need to take off your mask to eat, you must find a seated spot w/ at least 2 meters distance from others
- If you are experiencing symptoms, please stay home! Full refunds are available if registrants can’t make the course due to symptoms or illness.
- A window will be open for increased ventilation – please bring a sweater/clothing to keep warm in the winter months!
- We have 2 air purifiers with HEPA filters, which will be on for the duration of the workshop or course
- In-person workshops will have a maximum enrolment of 12 registrants
- Class sizes are small to ensure that all participants have opportunities to ask questions and get personal feedback.
- There is a MAXIMUM ENROLMENT for our workshops & courses – usually 12 registrants.
- TAIS reserves the right to alter the class content, instructors, dates and hours for the class, as needed, as the curriculum is developed. Full refunds are available if changes to the dates or hours of the class are prohibitive for the registrant. Registrants will be notified as soon as possible of any changes to the class and/or schedule.
- NO REFUNDS are available for modifications to class instructors or curriculum.
- NO REFUNDS are permitted in the event of cancellation by the registrant, including failure to attend.